Development Cooperation Day
GLOBAL EDUCATION TOWN
– celebrate the European Year for Development 2015 with us
“Our world, our dignity, our future”
Would you like to know what problems face our world today?
Why should we help those who live on the other side of the world?
How does it all affect you and how can you get involved?
The Global Education Town, organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, will try to answer these and many other questions. It will be set up on Krakowskie Przedmiescie street in Warsaw, on 27 September 2015. The Town will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and followed by a concert of the Sound’n’Grace choir. During the concert, you will have a chance to meet volunteers who are helping in various regions of the world under the Polish Aid Volunteering Programme.
The Town’s sections – cinema, school, hospital, women’s club, local newspaper office, sports centre, farm, tax haven, banana plantation, and orchard – will offer you insights into global problems. In the Town, you will also find out what Polish NGOs do to carry out Polish Aid programme projects, and be able to talk with volunteers who will share their experience of working in Africa, Asia and South America.
The Town’s programme includes:
- meetings with fascinating guests from Africa, Georgia, Ukraine and Poland, including HUSAR (Heavy Urban Search and Rescue) team Poland, which provided humanitarian relief in Nepal;
- calligraphy workshops in various languages;
- brewing Tajik tea;
- demonstrations on renewable energy applications, and how to build a simple water filter;
- workshops and large-format educational games;
- games of human table football;
- film and journalism workshops, screenings of films awarded at the HumanDoc festival;
- photo exhibition depicting Polish Aid programme projects.
Join us and discover how important Polish support is for creating a safe and friendly world!