The Polish transition experience may be the subject of good practices exchange amongt he two countries, especially that the Tunisian opinion makers have a positive opinion about it. The process of helping Tunisia should concentrate on understanding the needs of different groups: government, local communities, NGOs, media. Next step is to consider a support strategy and address concrete actions that can be undertaken in Tunisia by Poland. Problems and questions mentioned-above will be discussed at the seminar:
"Democratic transition in Tunisia and Polish experiences"
27th of July 2011
The Institute of Public Affairs, Szpitalna St. 5/22
Program of the seminar:
09.30 - 10.00 Registration of the participants
10.00 Opening of the conference
- Dr. Jacek Kucharczyk, the Institute of Public Affairs
- Elżbieta Krawczyk, ARABIA.pl Association
- Justyna Janiszewska, Education for Democracy Foundation
10:15-11:45 What support does Tunisia need?
- The representative ofTunisia Ministry of Regional Development
- Zied Touzani, Meda Youth Parliament & Global Changemaker Tunisia
- Dr Rafał Karpiński, former Ambassadorof Poland in Tunis
Moderation: Marcin Wojciechowski, „Gazeta Wyborcza"
(Consecutive translation of Tunisian panelist's speeches will be provided)
11.45 - 12.00 Coffee break
12.00 - 13.30 How Poland can help Tunisia?
- Katarzyna Czerniecka, Department of Development Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Adam Kułach, Department of Africa and Middle East
- Patrycja Sasnal, Polish Institut of Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Katarzyna Czaplicka, Global Development Research Group
Moderation: Dr. Jacek Kucharczyk, the Institute of Public Affairs
Confirmation of participation:
Information about the seminar:
Łukasz Wenerski, tel. +22 556 42 68
Organizers reserve the right to change the program.
Co-organizers of seminar: Education for Democracy Foundation, ARABIA.pl Association