Middle school no. 2 in Mogilev is the only educational establishment in the Mogilev Oblast with an artistic profile. It is also the only school in the region where the Polish language has been taught for over ten years. The Belarusian educational establishment is proud of its 110 years-long education tradition. In 1907, on the grounds of the present school, a private gymnasium run by Mrs Zaleska was opened. The Polish Embassy in Minsk cooperates with the educational centre in the framework of development cooperation because of the school’s renown and engagement in many social and cultural initiatives taking place in Mogilev and Belarus.
In 2017, the school received a ceramics pottery kiln paid for with Polish Aid funds. Thanks to it, students are now more willing to participate in art contests in which they win prizes. An art gallery presenting the works of students was set up in the historical centre of the town to promote young artists.
In 2018, the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs paid for the modernisation of the school playground. Safe sport and recreational equipment was installed for students of the first grades and training modules for older grades. The joy in children’s eyes was great because it was their first encounter with such modern attractions. Their smile is the best token of appreciation for the actions undertaken by Polish Aid. The Polish side’s engagement was also noticed by the media, as evidenced by a report that was shown on Belarusian TVR Mogilev.
See the report: