MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
acting on the basis of the Law on Public Benefit Activity and Volunteerism,
dated April 24, 2003 (O. J. No 96, item 873 with further amendments)
announces the Call for Proposals:
„Polish Aid Volunteering 2009"
The aim is to carry out volunteering projects as specified by the "Polish aid programme 2009"
- Any Polish organisation that acts as a sending organisation and submits a project application for the Call for Proposals is able to apply for subventions for the activities carried out by a volunteer. The organisations eligible to compete in the Call for Proposals are non - profit NGOs (as defined by Law on Public Benefit Activity and Volunteerism dated April 24, 2003 (O. J. No 96, item 873 with further amendments) which are not state-funded and which are registered in the Republic of Poland (in compliance with the regulations on public funding).
- Financial assistance devoted to the implementation of the above mentioned Programme amounts to PLN 1 200 000.00
- Accepted projects have to be implemented by 2009-12-31
- Deadline for applications is 2009-03-09 (date of receipt). Applications received after this date will be disregarded.
- Applications will be evaluated by the Call Committee in compliance with the criteria specified in the Regulations of the Call. Information on selected, successful Applicants will be published onwwww.polishaid.gov.plwebsite not later than 2009-05-11.
- Last year the Ministry of Foreign Affairs implemented polish aid volunteering projects worth PLN 888 672.36.
- Applicants shall bear the costs of application preparation. We suggest that all Applicants acquaint themselves with the Guidelines for NGOs as well as General Terms and Conditions of MFA's financial assistance.
- The procedure of the Call for Proposals is of two-stage:
- At first, submitted project proposals are evaluated according to their formal and legal requirements, as well as to content-related matters. The list of initially selected projects will be published not later than 2009-03-23.
- In the next stage, volunteers that have been offered in the selected projects are obliged to participate in a training organised by the MFA (with takes place in March 29-April 5, April 19-26 or April 26-May 3 2009), and they have to pass medical and psychological examination.
- A contract on the basis of which the project is financed will be signed with the sending organisation only when a candidate for a volunteer passes the following stages:
- MFA training concluded by passing a test;
- Medical and psychological examination do not show any contraindications to travel and participate in a given project.
- In order to apply you need to:
- Read all relevant documents (only available in the Polish language): Regulations of the Call, General Terms and Conditions of Financial Assistance, Guidelines for NGOs.
- Register your organisation as a User of http://www.polskapomoc.gov.pl/ website. If you already have an active account, you need to log into the system. fill in the on-line application form and load it up to the database of the MFA.
- Duly signed project application form (a proposal of a project for the Call for Proposals) made in triplicate (one original and two copies) together with required annexes and with a corresponding note on the envelope must be sent by mail.
More information on our web pages www.polskapomoc.gov.pl/wolontariat in Polish